WELCOME to our 2014-2015 EFWMA NEHS CHAPTER NEWS!
We have started this year off with a lot of activity! First, let's welcome our Co-Advisors! Mrs. Brande' Griffin! She brings a warm heart, leadership skills and a new perspective to our organization, as well as sound support.
2015 - 2016 Elected Chapter Officers
President - Ivana S.
Vice-President - Iyanu M.
Secretary - Alex G.
Treasurer - Grace L.
NEHS ADVISERS - Melodie Bourassa, M.Ed., Renee Moak, M.Ed. and Brande' Griffin, M.Ed.
Our Chapter meets the 1st and 3rd, or the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the Month, depending on the breaks, or other holidays. Our next meeting is:
- Now through May 6th - Annual NEHS Perennial Plant Drive and Nominations for Officers 2016-2017
- Tuesday, April 5th - 3:45 - 5pm - Officers and Committee Chairs
- Tuesday, April 17th, 2016, for a General ALL Member Meeting. Elections for 2016-2017
- Friday, April 22nd - 6-9pm - EFWMA Spring Festival - NEHS Plant Sale Fundraiser, Recycled Bird House Booth, and Mural Painting
- Tuesday, May 3rd - Officers and Committee Chairs
- Saturday, May 7th - 9am -12pm NEHS OLE Work Day
- Tuesday, May 19th - 3:45 - 5pm NEHS EOY Celebration and Passing of the Gavel
Induction Ceremony - November 11, 2016
PHOTOS COMING SOON!
Eastside Ministry Canned Food Drive - THANK YOU EFWMA! This year we had a great canned food drive and collected over 30 bags of canned food for Eastside Ministries. In addition, we were able to provide 10 Family Dinners for the families they serve. The students were given a tour of the facility and were impressed with the variety of services that are provided to those in need. Also, through other contributions we able to donate $400 to their efforts to serve others.
Coins for Cook Children's Hospital
We raised over $400 this season! NEHS Members collected donations for Cook's. We purchased clothing and toys for the families and children of Cooks Children's Hospital. Thank you to all that supported us with your coins! Ms. Erika's, Ms. Rush's, and Ms. Itani's class won the Blue Bucket prizes for their classes.
Holiday Stocking Challenge for the Presbyterian Night Shelter
NEHS joins Delta Theta Tau, Xi Omega Chapter in bringing smiles to children who are homeless. EFWMA students will be coming home with a red and white stocking. Please fill with something a child 4-12 years of age would need or wish for. Something practical and something fun! Keep it simple and from the heart! Please return the stockings by Wednesday, December 16, 2015.
February Friendship Dance 2016 - MORE TO COME!