Full Day Pre-K Frequently Asked Questions
East Fort Worth Montessori Academy
Full Day Pre-K Program
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
What are the eligibility requirements to enroll in EFWMA’s Pre-K program?
Some students may qualify for the free program. In addition, EFWMA’s employees may also apply for the tuition-based program.
- 3 &4 years old on or before Sept. 1 of the school year (cannot already be 5 years old, and is not provided for 2-year-old students or children who are not 3 by Sept 1)
- Educationally Disadvantaged (Income Eligible) or
- Limited English Speaker or
- Homeless or
- Under the care of DPS/ Foster Care or
- The child of an active duty member of the US Armed Forces or
- The child of a family member that was killed or injured during active military duty or
- Is the child of a person that has received the Star of Texas Award
Employee or Qualifying Students – Tuition Based:
- 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1 of the school year (cannot already be 5 years old, and is not provided to 2-year-old students or children who are not 3 by Sept 1 )
- Child of EFWMA Employee
- Payment of $100 registration fee
- Maintain current registration paperwork with the campus, including birth certificate, proof of address, immunization records, etc.
BENEFITS AND CLASS SIZES
What are the benefits of the full day Pre-K program?
A full day Pre-Kindergarten program offers several advantages for both students and their families:
- Develops vocabulary, math, literacy, social, and independent skills for students
- Students improve 11-12 standard points in vocabulary and math skills
- Students are more advanced through multiple reading measures.
- Economically disadvantaged students attending a high-quality full day of Pre-K typically score higher on state assessments.
- Provides an educational option for families whose work schedules don’t allow their children to attend a half-day Pre-K program
What type of curriculum will be provided?
East Fort Worth Montessori Academy provides a rich Montessori Curriculum in all core subjects - Emergent Literacy, Math, Science, Practical Life, Sensorial, Cultural Subjects aligned to the Texas Education Agency Pre-K guidelines.
Our EFWMA Montessori program’s instructional framework incorporates the Texas Education Agency's Pre-K curriculum guidelines including social/emotional development, language & communication, emergent literacy reading, emergent literacy writing, mathematics, science, social studies, fine arts, physical development, and technology applications.
What is the ratio of adults to children in the classroom?
Each classroom will have up to 20 - 22 students with one teacher and one paraprofessional.
Campuses offering full-day Pre-K ?
Campuses offering full-day Pre-K - East Fort Worth Montessori Academy .
501 Oakland Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76103
What are the daily hours of the Pre-K Program?
The hours are 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (breakfast is served from 7:20a.m. to 7:50a.m.)
How late can I pick up my child?
All Pre- K students should be picked up at the regular dismissal time, which is 3:30 p.m. For information about our partner After School Care Center, visit Richland Hills Link Recreation Center - The Links Recreation Center
Does the full day Pre-K program follow the standard EFWMA school calendar?
Where can I find the school calendar?
The school calendar is posted on EFMWA’s website.
Click HERE to view the current school year calendar.
What is the daily routine of the Pre-K classrooms?
The schedule includes time for math, literacy, science, social studies, recess, music & movement, breakfast, lunch, snack, and rest time.
Will the children have an opportunity to nap every day?
Yes, students will have a daily rest time for up to 1 hour.
Will transportation be provided for my Pre-K child?
EFWMA does not provide bus transportation.
COSTS – (EXTENDED AFTER SCHOOL CARE, MEALS, SUPPLIES)
Is extended after-school care available for full-day Pre-K students?
After school, care is available through our daycare partners. A list of Daycares will be posted on our website in July. EFWMA’s Partner Daycare Center is North Richland Hills Recreation Center, The Link - The Link Recreation Center. EFWMA will transport students to The Link after dismissal.
Are meals provided? If so, what is the cost?
All Pre-K students eat breakfast and lunch for free. A la Carte food items, ice cream and healthy snacks are available for 50 cents - $2.00.
Parents MUST complete the Income Verification Form to qualify for free breakfast and lunch. To purchase other items, you must add money to your child’s Myscholbucks account.
What other costs can parents expect to pay?
School supply lists will be made available for families via the school website - School Supply List. If a family is in dire need of school supplies, parents can contact EFWMA Community partner, The Homes for Children - please click the link - The Homes for Children
FOR EFWMA EMPLOYEES
Can the child of any relative who is an EFWMA employee attend Pre-K?
Yes, however, the child does not
How does an EFWMA employee pay for the monthly tuition?
Payroll deduction is the only way to pay the monthly tuition.
How much is the monthly tuition?
The total tuition for an EFWMA Employee’s child in Pre-K is $4000. This averages to $400 a month across ten months.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact our office at 817-496-3003; Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m.to 4:30 p.m. or visit our EFWMA website. EFWMA Website