- East Fort Worth Montessori Academy
- No one can enter our buildings without a key card
- Students are not allowed to open the doors for adults. We ask parents not to manipulate or beckon students to open doors. Please be patient.
- There are cameras inside and outside the school monitored by two staff members.
- Safety drills are practiced. 2 drills will be exercised in February (Lockdown with Reverse Evacuation and our Monthly Fire Drill)
- All parents and visitors MUST check in at the front office. Parents MUST only visit the location they checked in. Any EFWMA or TOTMA staff can politely request your destination.
- DO NOT use the student restroom; there is an adult restroom in both buildings. It is for the child's safety.
- Extra protection will be added to the front office. Fron Office staff will be to speak to parents or visitors before entering the building
- Plans to enclosed the pathway leading to the front office are in the works. Afer enclosing the office, parents will not be able to access the school except when they are buzzed in for conferences, meetings, events, or eating with their child. Fundraising efforts are on the way.
- Parents, we need you! If you are an engineer, builder, architect, safety designer, we need you to help us our safety plan to fruition.
What we need immediately from parents:
- We need your cooperation with following school rules. Remember, children are always watching what we model.
- Adhere to the Campus Speed limit, allow extra time for traffic. Speeding on our grounds may lead to someone getting hurt. Cutting in front of another car may cause an accident. Remember to govern yourself accordingly; students are around.
- Students CANNOT be dismissed after 3:15 p.m. We apologize, and we understand you may be running late, but if we do not adhere to our established rules we cannot keep children safe.
- Family members picking up your child must be on the pick-up list, if they are not, we will not release the child. You must inform the school of any changes. We understand this may cause an inconvenience, but we must keep your children safe when they are in our care.
- There are families with disconnected contact information; we can not reach anyone in times of emergencies.
- Stay calm and be patient, there are children in our vicinity. Any irate behavior due to not wanting to follow our school rules or towards our staff will lead to your child withdrawn. Such behavior from an adult will not be tolerated. We have students to model the right tone for, and SAFETY is the priority.
This is not the forum to address this but I must: I sincerely apologize for the pot-holes in the driveway. We are aware of the inconvenience, we apologize. As a small school, we must be good stewards of the school budget and plan accordingly to our Campus Improvement Plans and Strategic Goals. We are doing our best to temporarily fix the holes. We fixed the hole and minutes later the trash truck went through destroying the horses we had in place and creating a bigger hole. We are currently in communication with the owner of the trash truck.
- Accept bids ( we had closed bids, 3 staff members including myself, met, opened, and reviewed the bids. Documented in the maintenance dept.)
- Information will be sent to the School Board (information will be sent to the board by Friday)
- Fix the driveway (our goal is to fix the road during Spring Break or in July)
Thank you for your ongoing support. Please feel free to leave a message in the front office if you want to support any of the projects within the message or if you have questions. I look forward to a spectacular rest of the of the school year.